Sign in to follow this  
jimtron

logo: erratic link behavior

jimtron

I recently moved my logo a little lower via this custom code: #branding .content{ margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-58px; } I'm not sure if that's what caused the problem, but I just noticed that when I hover the mouse over the logo, only a small portion of it (the very top edge of the letters) is a clickable link (to home page). Anyone know what's going on, and how to fix it? Site: http://www.peerhere.com/test Thanks.

Rob
Have you done any other customization to the branding area?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny
Hi Jim, The reason for this issue is that your nav div is overlapping your logo images link, but you can fix this by adding this to Platform Settings --> Custom Code --> CSS Rules: [code] #primary-nav ul.main-nav { float: right; width: 660px !important; } [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

jimtron
Thanks for the responses; sorry for the delay in getting to t his. Danny, I added that to the custom code but the problem remains. Rangelone, here's all of my custom code/css rules: /*moves menu to right*/ ul.sf-menu li { float: right; } /*top: space above jn logo; bottom, space between bottom of logo and rule*/ #branding .content{ margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-58px; } #primary-nav ul.main-nav { float: right; width: 660px !important; }

Rob
Jim, I believe Danny's got the right idea but I'm not a CSS expert as he and others on the team are. From what I can see in Firebug, the actual image is properly linked... all of it. However, as Danny points out, something's pressuring it down into a very small area. Did you make any changes or additions to functions.php?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jimtron
No, I haven't made any changes to functions.php.

catrina
There is some phantom thing blocking that link. I'm trying to inspect it, but I'm not finding it. Can you remove this bit of code?: [code]#branding .content{ margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-58px; }[/code] Perhaps there is an alternative to this that won't cause any erratic behavior.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jimtron
Hi Catrina: That's the problem code--I just removed it and the problem went away. But want to have my logo (jim newberry) lower; the same distance from the horizontal rule as the menu items.

Danny
Hi Jim, Could you try this for me and lets see if this works. [code] .mainlogo-img { position: absolute; top: 20px; z-index: 29; } [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

jimtron
That did the trick, thanks! I'm using that code now instead of the code I mentioned in the OP, and the logo is where I want it without link problems.