Sign in to follow this  
schuster211

WhiteHousePro3 upgrade instructions

schuster211

Love that I got new version for free since I just bought v2 last week ... but I don't see any instructions for upgrading from 2 to 3. I'm s bit a WP newb, but do have some skills, so please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Andrew

right, well if you don't want to override the old version (in case you want to revert) Just unzip and rename the file, e.g. whitehousepro_new. Then upload it to the themes folder via FTP. (get FireFTP if you don't have a client) Then just activate it in the admin.

schuster211

Let's say you did some configuration work in WhitehousePro 2 -- and now you want to upgrade the theme. Are you saying one should simply overwrite the contents of the WhitehousePro folder with the new theme files? Of course any changes to the style.css would be lost as that file gets overwritten, but is this the generally accepted process? You can't do this through the admin panel by uploading a zip, but can do via FTP. Right?

cmunns

I think what Andrew was saying is that you can rename the folder so it essentially is like a new theme where you can activate either the old or the new. Then you can compare changes and make the ones that you see fit so you don't lose all that you had.