Sign in to follow this  
danoah

How do I add an ad above the entire blog to post pages only?

danoah

How do I add an ad above the entire blog to post pages only? I want it to be up above the entire blog, so it will just show up at the top, centered against what is now the background and it will push the blog down.

Rob
You go to the PlatformPro Settings in Template Setup and select Posts Pages from the drop list or any other template you use normally for posts. Slide over either the Universal or Full Width Sidebar above any content. Save the settings. You can place your ad code in a text widget to the Universal or Full Width sidebars (whichever you selected). You may have to add a uniquely named div of your own around that so we can center it later using custom CSS. Save your widget. Then, go look at your site. Your ad may take time to appear, so please be patient. That's the result of the ad propagating, not due to Platform. Once you have the ad showing, hopefully with Firebug, you can find the div you created and write a simple CSS snippet to align to center. You can also set width, height, padding, etc around it as you please.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

danoah
I've already used up all my sidebars. Is there a hook I can use for up there?

danoah
And if so, how would I code it in my functions.php file?

Rob
I'm not sure where in the functions.php you'd place it, but yes. Or, you might be able to edit template.postloop.php to include it over the actual loop. There are ad management plugins too, that some have mentioned work with Platform. I'm unable to say which ones they are, but you can visit http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins and search. If the ads are Google Adsense, search for that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur