Sign in to follow this  
treydock

Customizing the Carousel Section

treydock

I'm attempting to make a copy of the PlatformPro Carousel section to be modified in my Platformbase child theme, but the CSS and Javascript is not being applied. You can see the FlickrRSS + Carousel working here, http://idhmc.tamu.edu/, and it not working here, http://idhmc.tamu.edu/home-test/. Using FIrebug I find that the URL is correct for the CSS file, but it's not being applied. I have it working so that all the Carousel functionality in the backend is present. So far I've only changed the name of the classes and section and also added one option to the metadata section. Any tips are welcome, and let me know what other information would be useful. Thanks - Trey

Rob
Trey, where exactly did you apply CSS changes? Presuming you've correctly activated platformbase as your theme, it should be in Dashboard > PlatformPro Settings > Custom Code in the CSS Rules area. I presume you're changing section.carousel.php in the platformpro folder on your computer. You really shouldn't be doing that. When we offer an upgrade, that could and likely would be overwritten.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

treydock
I'm using the Platform base child theme to do these changes. So I copied platformpro/sections/carousel to platformbase/sections/custom_carousel with these contents, [code] $ ls sections/custom_carousel/ carousel.css carousel.jcarousel.js images section.custom_carousel.php [/code] The styles I'm not wanting to change but rather just use the ones that the default carousel uses. I'm trying to just add options to the existing carousel section as a new section in my child theme. Here are my changes [code] # Added to functions... pagelines_register_section('CustomCarousel','custom_carousel', null, array('child' => true) ); if ( function_exists( 'pagelines_add_page' ) ) pagelines_add_page('carousel', 'Custom Carousel Page'); [/code] [code] # Added template Custom Carousel Page, page.carousel.php 'This is a javascript carousel that can show images and links from posts, FlickRSS, or NextGen Gallery.', 'workswith' => array('content', 'header', 'footer'), 'icon' => PL_ADMIN_ICONS . '/carousel.png', 'version' => 'pro', ); [/code] [code] # This was added to $metatab_array 'carousel_set' => array( 'version' => 'pro', 'type' => 'text', 'size' => 'medium', 'title' => 'Flickr Set ID (Carousel Page Template / Flickr Mode)', 'desc' => 'The ID of the Flickr set to display', 'label' => 'Enter the Flickr Set ID' ), # This is added to function section_template() $carouselset = (pagelines_option('carousel_set', $pagelines_ID)) ? pagelines_option('carousel_set', $pagelines_ID) : null; [/code] Also the styles don't apply when pulled from their original location in platformpro or from platformbase. I changed this line to make it pull from platformbase but still didn't work [code] @@ -154,8 +164,8 @@ class CustomCarousel extends PageLinesSection { function section_styles() { - wp_register_style('carousel', $this->base_url . '/carousel.css', array(), CORE_VERSION, 'screen'); - wp_enqueue_style( 'carousel' ); + wp_register_style('custom_carousel', get_stylesheet_directory_uri('template_url') . '/sections/custom_carousel/carousel.css', ar + wp_enqueue_style( 'custom_carousel' ); } [/code] Thanks - Trey

Rob
Trey, This level of customization is far above the level we could provide in a forum setting. I'm going to respectfully urge you to consider engaging one of our Pros for a short period and letting them help you achieve your goals. They would know best how to do this. http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur