Sign in to follow this  
rafaeldesilva

Custom section missing after upgrading

rafaeldesilva

Hello, I updated Platform Pro today and my custom section which I programmed "section.boxes2.php" has disapeared. The file was deleted, and after re-copying it (via FTP) I can't see it in Template Setup as I used to... What is happening? Thank you

Danny
Hi Rafael, I don't see how this could of happend as upgrading Platform Pro doesn't change your Platform Base files. Anyway, I think the reason why you cannot see the section in template setup is due to the section needs to be registered in Platform Base functions.php file. Check the link below on how to register a cusotm section. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections Once you have done this, you should be able to see your section.boxes2.php.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rafaeldesilva
That was it... so my functions.php file was replaced on upgrading... Dangerous upgrades then... Thank you

Danny
But Rafael, this should be happening as far as Im aware, upgrading Pro shouldn't effect your custom code on base? What version did you have before upgrading to the latest version and did you upgrade Base also ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

rafaeldesilva
I had PlatformPro 1.5.3, I don't know what I updated, clicking on update I only was offered to update Platfom Pro theme and so I did

Rob
The problem Rafael is that you made changes not in platformbase, but in platformpro. When you upgrade base, nothing happens to changes made there. However, when you upgrade platformpro, any changes there will be wiped out. This is why we strongly recommend and instruct everyone to activate Platformbase. You can copy a section file from Pro to Base and edit it there and use a few techniques to use that modified section now located in base to work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur