Sign in to follow this  
beyondthebets

Creating overlines

Danny
Hi, Would these overlines simply be other categories?

Please search our forums, before posting!

beyondthebets
Nope. Well, I guess it's the category, but I'd like it to show up above the headlines on the front page and individual post pages.

Jenny
What about using a related posts plugin? I'm not really sure what you're asking but it seems almost navigation/advertising related. You can also add whatever text you want to a one of the extra widgets included with PlatformPro and then place the widget where you want it to display in the PlatformPro Template Setup.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

beyondthebets
That's not exactly what I'm looking for. What I want to be able to do is create a small separate line of text over my headline. For example, on this post ( http://beyondthebets.com/2011/10/13/btb-mailbag-how-do-nfl-teams-perform-ats-the-week-after-getting-blown-out/ ), the "BTB Mailbag" would be on its own line above the headline. This "overline" could be the category, which would be clickable and show all articles with that same overline. Any suggestions?

Jenny
Well if it will change on a post-by-post basis, you can use the highlight section. If it would be something that is more permanent, then use something like the universal sidebar section. Just place whatever section you want to use in the Template Setup of PlatformPro.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
Have you tried Breadcrumbs?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur