Sign in to follow this  
buddha

buddha

I have my posts show on my front page under the feature box. I prefer to just have the featured image show; and not any of the text above; and to have the featured images appear next to each other, not underneath each other. any suggestions? site is http://buddha.fm

kastelic
You could do it this way. Put this in your Custom CSS: [code] ul.item-list.activity-list li { width: 200px; float: left; } .activity-header {display:none} [/code]

buddha
thank you, that worked great. looking at it now, i should probably have the post title underneath the featured image (centered). any suggestions? also, i tried this in custom css and could not get the white border to disappear. what am i doing wrong? #feature-footer .feature-footer-pad { border-top-color: #000000; } #feature-footer .feature-footer-pad { border-left-color: #000000; } #feature-footer .feature-footer-pad { border-left: 1px solid #000000; border-top: 1px solid #000000; } style.css #feature-footer .feature-footer-pad { padding: 8px; }

Danny
Hi, To remove the white border add this to your CSS Rules located in Platform Settings --> Custom Code: [code] #featurenav a, #feature-footer span.playpause { border: 0 none !important; } [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny
Great, regarding your other issue when you say this "I should probably have the post title underneath the featured image (centered). any suggestions? ". Do you mean the title of the feature image, underneath the feature image ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

buddha
No. I have recent posts in the full width sidebar on the front page. Either the user or the blog avatar appears (not certain which yet) and then the title of the post, and an excerpt from the post. I would like the the title of the post and the excerpt to appear under the avatar. The title centered, and the excerpt left justified. site is http://buddha.fm

Jenny
The only thing I see is "social network" activity, not a listing a posts, so I'm not sure what you're talking about?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

buddha
The "Social Network" activity shows all recent posts.

Jenny
Okay, I didn't realize that's what you were referring to. I have looked through the CSS and tried editing it, but it doesn't seem possible to move the title below the image using CSS. The only way that I know to do it would be to edit the file itself but that's never a good idea because updates will override your changes.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

buddha
ok, thank you for taking a look at it!

Jenny
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Unfortunately it's the HTML that needs editing, not the CSS, and the HTML is what gets over-written in updates.