Sign in to follow this  
vjnoone

Cannot modify header information Error with PlatformPro

vjnoone

I've searched the forums and see others have had this issue but I can't find a solution. I've disabled all plugins yet after I activate Platformpro as my theme I just keep getting this error.... Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ronisway/public_html/wp-content/themes/Platform/platformpro/functions.php:52) in /home/ronisway/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 934 Anytime I try to save or update a post. The post data actually gets saved but the error is still thrown and I have to back button my way out of it. I've updated to the latest wordpress version and have no pluging running except akismet. Any help appreciated!

Rob
Did you modify any files, such as functions.php or create any customized templates or sections?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

vjnoone
I do have one function in function php for the carousel but that's it. No modifications to any other files.

Rob
I'm bumping this to a developer, but please send me a link to your site.

vjnoone
My site is RonisWeigh.com The theme is disabled right now. I'm working on it though.

Danny
Hi, Your issue is caused by the fact that you have installed the theme in the incorrect location, your structure is this: /wp-content/themes/Platform/platformpro/ When in fact it should be this: /wp-content/themes/platformpro/ Once you have installed/uploaded the theme into the correct location the errors should be gone. Once you have done this, let us know the result.

Please search our forums, before posting!

vjnoone
Moved it and still received this error... Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ronisway/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/functions.php:52) in /home/ronisway/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 934 BTW - I appreciate the speedy responses. Even with this error I'm LOVING this theme. I'm sure we'll figure it out. :)

Rob
We do try to be pretty quick! There may be a pathing issue somewhere in your database. Since it was installed in the wrong location, something was probably written into the database incorrectly. Try this. Go to Dashboard > Settings > General and see what the URL is. Then, Settings > Permalinks and without changing them, save it. See if that works.

vjnoone
OK, did that. Now when I saved permalinks it just saved but when I saved general setting I got the same error.

Simon
[code] public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/functions.php:52 [/code] This error is saying there is something wrong on line 52 of functions.php, the file itself only has 12 lines. Upload a fresh copy.

vjnoone
Your right! It did change. Now I'm thinking it's something I did. This is the contents of my functions file. I wrote a function for the carousel...

What's Cooking in my kitchen? Check out these new idea on GreenLiteBites...

items, 0, $maxitems); ?> No items'; else foreach ( $items as $item ) : ?>

Simon
    OK well, it should not be in platformpro/functions.php, you should never need to ever edit the theme files, otherwise you can never update! You should install and activate the platformbase child theme, then you can add you function to its functions file. A child theme inherits the parent themes style and functions automatically, so you can always update the parent theme and keep your custom code in the child theme.

vjnoone
    oh my! I had them mixed up! I tend to dive into these things head first. OK, well with you help I've isolated the problem. This code (now in the proper functions file) is causing the header error items, 0, $maxitems); ?> No items'; else foreach ( $items as $item ) : ?>
  • What I'm doing is using a feed to populate my carousel. It's working flawlessly except for the error when I try to save any posts. I'm completely at a loss on how to edit this code to stop the error.

Danny
    Hi, Can you tell me where you got the code from ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

vjnoone
    I wrote it a long time ago based on some RSS example I found on the internet.

vjnoone
    I should add it's been running on my site for 4 years without a problem.

vjnoone
    I take it back. I commented out ALL my added functions and I'm still getting it. I also get it when I go to... http://www.ronisweigh.com but not http://RonisWeigh.com I'm desperate guys. I've going to have to remove the theme if I can't solve this today.

Simon
    Fixed, it was blank lines at the end of the file

vjnoone
    Thanks again. I appreciate all the time you all spent with me. I'm sure I'll be back when I break something else. :) LOVE the theme!!