Sign in to follow this  
garyroskin

My NextGen Galleries are not showing up in the Pages "Add NextGen Galleries" box? What happened?

garyroskin

Hi folks - Help! I'm trying to create slideshows using NextGen Galleries. I've uploaded images, created Galleries, but when I go to Pages and click on the "Add NextGen Galleries" button, I don't see my Galleries as a choice where it says "select or enter Gallery." What stupid little thing did I forget to do this time? And is there a better way to create slide shows? thanks!

Rob
Gary, may we have a link to your site where we can see this error in action?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

garyroskin
Hey - you're Epicurious .... I was just looking at your footer! NICE. And I LOVE the way the whole site goes the width, even when I increase or decrease the size. OH - OK .... So I loaded up images, called the Diamonds and Colored Gemms Galleries, and then went to PAGES and clicked on the nextgen upload box and no galleries showed up ... and even when I typed in Diamonds, no images showed up .... So here's the link to the site ... www.RoskinGemNewsReport.com

garyroskin
http://roskingemnewsreport.com/diamonds this is one of the Pages .... you'll see the whirling nextgen possible slideshows.... www.roskingemnews.com/wp-admin thanks! GARY

garyroskin
Oooops .... www.roskingemnewsreport.com/wp-admin

Rob
Gary, thanks. Epicurus.com has been my passion for 15 years. I can't take credit for the full width, that was PlatformPro's wonderful doing. Unfortunately, I don't really know or use NextGen. Didn't the built-in Feature Slider work for you? I am seeing three slideshows built into the site. One for ads, one in the main body with the Wittlesbach-Graff Blue and Hope diamonds, and another on the left side in the sidebar. If I can help, I'd be happy to, but not sure where to start.

Rob
I see the spinning wheels, for two of the slideshows. I just wonder if it's because you have 3 slideshows on one page. Have you written to NextGen to ask?

garyroskin
I think I'm going to start by removing NextGen... :-) the Scroller is cool, huh? I'll keep that - although I'm looking to try and color the toggle. the other ad slide show - the skinny banner, is a Japanese program and it has a problem of changing size and location - so I'm going to end up scrapping that one too! So here's the real focus ---- I need three slide shows with four images in each. They are Ads. A top banner - like the skinny one that actually works right now, a top right box - which is now located along the left side (and neeeds to be moved), and then a right side skyscraper - which is no where to be seen at the moment because I can't seem to figure out which program or sidebar is where.... So knowing all of that, what might you suggest? (I'm actually rebuilding a site that a friend built for me - he just passed away 4 weeks ago, and so I am left trying to rebuild this thing.... And was doing OK until this slide show thing started slowing me down.) BTW - My sister's a teaching Chef at the Cord en Blu school on Pasadena ...

Rob
Gary, I'd suggest ad management scripts instead of a gallery for your ad rotation. They can keep better track of your ad delivery (which NextGen, to my knowledge doesn't do). Try this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ad-manager-wpbb/

garyroskin
I'll check that out! Yes, I will need that! THANKS! If there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask - [email protected] All the best, Gary

Rob
A 2 carat blue diamond would be nice! :)