Sign in to follow this  
glynt

All Platform Pro settings deleted

glynt

Hi all, All my Platform Pro settings inexplicably disappeared - My custom CSS, Analytics code, and all settings. It will take me ages to be able to work it all out again... I'm fairly sure there is no way to return to a previous state (but I'm open to changing my mind on this one!!), but I would love to know what I did so I don't do it again. It happened not long after installing the Child Theme, but not immediately - the settings were still there for a while after the Child Theme was installed. Any ideas much appreciated!! Many thanks, Glyn

catrina
Oh no! From now on, change settings and edit files in the child theme. The child theme should always be activated to ensure you're working from the right theme (but you must keep the PlatformPro theme installed).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

glynt
Hi Catrina, Many thanks... what is perplexing me is that all the setting on the pagelines settings page disappeared - Custom CSS, Analytics code etc... I don't know how that happened - I did not accidentally delete the contents of a text area (such as custom CSS) because ever single setting changed! It is very strange...

Simon
The theme settings are all stored in the database using the theme name as a reference, if you changed the theme folder or the theme name it would have started again with a new db entry, its possible.

glynt
OK, I have just spotted a 'reset to defaults' button. I'm guessing there isn't a 'are you sure' dialogue when you hit this? (I daren't try it out!!). I guess that's what I did.... How do I suggest a double check for that (assuming there isn't one)?? Thanks!

Simon
There is a popup that asks 'are you sure?'

glynt
Well, I have no idea what happened then....!