Sign in to follow this  
dsh2000

Best Way To Combine BuddyPress + Platform Pro

dsh2000

Hello fellow Pageliners, First off, I have done a search on the topics above, and I would not have started this thread except for the fact that I am now more confused than before. It appears that there is a conflict with buddypress pages integrating into the Platform Pro theme. What is the best way to go about styling buddypress so it conforms to the Platform pro theme? I have the latest version of both the template pack and buddypress. When I try to style #buddypress-page{}, the changes never seem to take. How have other people gone about integrating buddypress successfully into their theme? I apologize if these questions may seem redundant....just trying to figure this out because Platform Pro and Buddypress together should be awesome! Thank you, Daniel

Rob
Daniel, Let's start with a link to your site. Since you said you've done research, I presume you've read this http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/13885/platform-pro-not-compatible-with-buddypress-1.5 Buddypress only seems to truly like its own theme. Did you install bbPress as well? With or without it, the settings for Buddypress are incredibly "tricky". There are so many of them in different places and one interacts with the others in rather odd ways. As you may have read in the post above, despite Buddypress and bbPress coming from the same developers, by default they have a conflict. Likely, the reason you're having problems with saving custom CSS has to do with an option - the first one in BP Compatibility. Is it checked or unchecked? Whichever it is, try the opposite and see if it helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dsh2000
Hi again rangelone, Thank you for answering my post. Here is the link to my site: http://jointatiana.com/activity http://jointatiana.com/members I do have bbPress installed, and it looks like it will be awesome once properly configured, but I have not begun to address that yet. The "Disable BP Template Pack CSS" was unchecked......then I checked it, and the changes I made to the bp-admin bar located on the top of my page took. However, when I tried to make changes to the bp pages, they would not take. I have this little snippet of code going, but with no effect.....the sidebar still shows under the bp page content. #buddypress-page .members #content .padder { width: 600px; position: relative; right: 10px; } I really appreciate your help in this matter. Since so many other users seem to have trouble integrating pagelines with buddypress, perhaps a better "how to" guide would help? Thank you again rangelone!

Rob
Try this: [code]#buddypress-page #content {padding-right: 15px;} #content .bbp-forum-info { width: 55%; text-align: left;} #content table tbody tr .bbp-forum-description p { margin-bottom: 0; font-size: 13px; font-style: italic; text-align: left;} #buddypress-page #content{width:615px; float:left;} [/code] Adjust the numbers according to your wishes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dsh2000
Hi Rangelone, After trying to implement your suggestion, I was still stuck in the same place. The only way I found a solution was to edit the Buddypress css directly in the PlatformPro css. I changed it to : #buddypress-page #content { float: left; margin-top: 2em; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px; width: 760px; padding: 30px; } I know this is a big "no-no" but I had trouble doing this in the base. Would it be best to place this code in the PlatformPro -> Custom Code -> CSS Rules? I have tried to put this line of code into the base several times, but it will not take for some reason.