Sign in to follow this  
nickje

title on carousel

nickje

i'd like to add a title to a carousel (homepage on nickjankel.com at the bottom) i want it to say 'Blog' or similar cheers!

Rob
Try this... http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12575/how-do-i-add-a-title-or-text-to-carousel/p1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nickje
if you can give tell me more that would be great. I cant work out how to apply it to my issue. i guess i need to add a hook into the carousel options. but what code? where? and do i need to install a child theme?

Danny
Hi Nick, Give this a read and see if that helps you. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/11273/how-to-add-title-to-carousel/p1

Please search our forums, before posting!

nickje
jesus - just added the code to functions.php that it suggests and now my site has gone down and the back end as well any help? this is a disaster

Rob
Upload a clean copy of your functions.php to /wp-content/themes/platformbase/ overwriting the one you edited. That will allow you to resume where you were. If you had made previous changes to the functions.php and they were working, you have several options. One would be to upload a backup you made. Another would be to ask your host to restore the site to a time before you made the changes. Third would be to replicate the changes in the replaced functions.php.

nickje
can anyone help? cant get carousel title to work

Jenny
Did you use the code mentioned in the posts above while the child theme was active? If not, that's why your site crashed.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

minling
i had the same problem as nickje. had to call my hosting site to get it restored. was working with child theme and thought i followed all the codes in the other posts. where is the code supposed to be added in the functions.php? i don't want go through losing my site for the 3rd time. sorry...very very new at all of this with no coding background.

Rob
It should go at the end of the functions.php. This should be located in wp-content/themes/platformbase. Before you make the changes, make sure you have a backup clean copy. I suggest saving that to your desktop.