Sign in to follow this  
trtllc

Can I import preconfigured settings?

trtllc

The video tutorial "Using Demo WordPress Content" shown in the tutorial "Using Theme Demo Content" suggests I can import preconfigured settings for the demos. However, I cannot find the Import -> Settings menu item that is referenced. Can someone show me how to import these settings? Thanks in advance!

Rob
Import is located in Dashboard > Tools > Import. Export is located in Dashboard > Tools > Export. From your old installation you export first, saving the file to your local computer. Then, login to your new site and Import the settings you downloaded.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

trtllc
Yes, I can find Dashboard > Tools > Import. However, I see no importer for preconfigured settings files (the .dat file distributed with the demos). Perhaps it is called something else.

Rob
I'll send this up to a developer for a better reply.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
The importer you are referring to is for wordpress import files. The wordpress importer will import posts/pages and images contain in those posts/pages. The import function in platformpro is seperate and only imports theme option backups.

trtllc
OK, I finally found what I need, in light gray font at the lower right of the PlatformPro settings page. The clue in the previous answer was that there are two importers, one for WordPress and one for PlatformPro. Thanks.