Sign in to follow this  
mikeclouse

Add Pinterest Icon to Social Bar on Platform Pro

mikeclouse

Are you working on adding Pinterest to the social options at top of template? If not can a non-coder like me handle it?

Kate
Hi Mike, There are some instructions in functions.php on how to add additional social icons.

mikeclouse
Thanks Kate, I hate to sound so lame...but how do I get to my functions php area??

catrina
Dashboard > Appearance > Editor > the functions.php file is listed on the right side. You need to make sure that you have PlatformBase activated, though. You should not edit the functions.php file located in PlatformPro.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mikeclouse
so to swap the current stumple icon/link to my pinterest icon link...where do i actually change the code?

mikeclouse
do i go into my actual folders for platform base?

Rob
Mike, you can go into your actual platformbase folder and edit functions.php. I apologize, but I don't know the code you'd have to add but I do believe they provide you with some. I believe, and could be mistaken about this, but the Pinterest is interested in grabbing images, not adding posts like Facebook or Stumbleupon. If that's the case, I'm unsure if adding the Pinterest icon to the header area will be all that helpful.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jenny
I know you're talking about the top icons, but if you're interested in adding it to the share bar, I wrote the instructions to do that here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/13929/how-to-add-pinterest-to-sharebar/p1

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.