Sign in to follow this  
motionltd

Alternate post background colours

motionltd

Hi guys, is it possible to have alternate colours for the post backgrounds? So first one is dark grey, next one light grey, next one dark grey, next one light grey and so on? I've searched this forum and can't find anything related. Cheers B

Ben

motionltd.com

Kate
Hi B, You would need to add at least one class via PHP to alternating posts. For instance, a class of "highlighted" to the odd number posts. This is something along the lines of what you'd want to do: http://www.transformationpowertools.com/wordpress/alternating-post-backgrounds-twentyten Keep in mind that these instructions are for the TwentyTen theme, and therefore modifying PlatformPro would be slightly different (different file names, etc.).

motionltd
Hi Kate, thanks for that, I will digest that over a cup of tea! Looks a little complex but I do like a code challenge! Thanks again.

Ben

motionltd.com

Rob
What you may not like will be your standing in search engines with alternating backgrounds, and if you use any ad delivery such as Google Adsense, you won't like the cut in revenues. Search engines look positively at updating information on a daily basis. However when it comes to backgrounds and colour schemes, they freak out, Advertisers don't like them either. I've discovered that with Google Adsense, I can only change my backgrounds successfully on the 1st of each month when advertisers renew monthly contracts. If you change the colour or background images during the month or alternate, your ad placements will be adversely affected, and so too will search engine results. Personally, I'd not recommend changing background or colour schemes if it can be avoided. Alternating will definitely cause the search engine bots to be confused and unable to correctly analyze your pages or posts.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

motionltd
Thamks Rangelone, thats very good to know! I was unaware of that. I think I may leave them white in that case. That was a close call! Thanks again. Ben

Ben

motionltd.com