Sign in to follow this  
erikareinhart

Some Coding Questions

erikareinhart

Hi, I'm sorry, this is a lot of questions. I have tried so many things and I don't know what to do. Here's my site http://www.childny.org/ 1) How can I take space between the lines of the disclaimer info tighter? (starting at CHILD NY is not a law firm...) I've tried code from different sites and it isn't working. 2) How can I add horizontal space between each of my menu items? 3) This is by no means an issue of pagelines, but my client asked that I paste in html code for this page: http://www.childny.org/?page_id=214 to add the "sign up for updates" functionality and I can't seem to make it fit the page width-wise. It is pushing my sidebar over and is in the gutter area. Thank you in advance! Erika

randomdejyahoocom
1) CSS style="line-height:*px" should do the trick. 2) I assume you're using a Custom Menu to put up your menu. Insert a Custom Item between the page Items with the title "& nbsp;" [without the space] and don't give it a navigational link. (You may need to enter a link as #, but remove the # once you've added it to the menu.) That will put a blank spot between your page Items. 3) I can't see the input field for Email, which makes me think you haven't added it. But in your code it looks like you didn't close a tag properly and the browser ate your code. Look for: Email: 3a) Also, rather than lining up your Name and Email next to each other, why not insert a between them? That will reduce horizontal space.

erikareinhart
Thank you! I have the line-height set like this p {line-height:145%} and it works but it applies to everything. How can I just apply it to that one bit of text?

randomdejyahoocom
Put a around the line of text you want to change.

erikareinhart
I really appreciate your help. Can I ask what you would change in the below html to fix it? It is the last 2 paragraphs that I'm trying to tighten the line spacing on.

The dual mission of the Committee on Home Issues in Legal Disputes in New York (CHILD NY) is to provide resources to the public about child custody litigation and to provide continuing legal education to attorneys through engaging courses led by some of the most prominent family law and mental health professionals in New York.

Although CHILD NY focuses on the laws of the State of New York and there are significant differences between the laws of different states, many of the legal principles pertaining to children??™s issues, such as the ubiquitous ???best interests??? standard, are frequently recognized in other states. Accordingly, this website may also be helpful to attorneys and parents in states other than New York.

The CHILD NY website is still under construction. During this time, the links section of this site may be a useful starting point for parents involved in custody litigation, less experienced attorneys looking for substantive guidance, more experienced attorneys who want an easily accessible list of court resources, and paralegals and support staff seeking a basic overview of court offices and functions.

CHILD NY is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice. The information presented on this website and in the courses offered by CHILD NY is not intended to and does not provide legal advice about any specific legal problems. The information presented by CHILD NY is only general in its nature and may or may not be applicable to the issues in any particular case or matter. The information presented by CHILD NY is also subject to change, whether due to changes in the law or for other reasons. This website cannot and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an attorney.

By using this website, you expressly agree that you are not relying and will not rely upon any of the information contained herein as legal advice. By using this website, you expressly agree that you shall not attempt to hold CHILD NY responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein.

catrina
You can adjust line spacing using this property (it can be added to the

tag): [code]line-height: 20px;[/code] Decrease the amount to tighten the spacing even further.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

erikareinhart
Have I added it properly in the bottom 2 paragraphs? It doesn't seem to be doing anything. I put the line height as 2px to really exaggerate it so I'd see if it was working.

The dual mission of the Committee on Home Issues in Legal Disputes in New York (CHILD NY) is to provide resources to the public about child custody litigation and to provide continuing legal education to attorneys through engaging courses led by some of the most prominent family law and mental health professionals in New York.

Although CHILD NY focuses on the laws of the State of New York and there are significant differences between the laws of different states, many of the legal principles pertaining to children??™s issues, such as the ubiquitous ???best interests??? standard, are frequently recognized in other states. Accordingly, this website may also be helpful to attorneys and parents in states other than New York.

The CHILD NY website is still under construction. During this time, the links section of this site may be a useful starting point for parents involved in custody litigation, less experienced attorneys looking for substantive guidance, more experienced attorneys who want an easily accessible list of court resources, and paralegals and support staff seeking a basic overview of court offices and functions.

CHILD NY is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice. The information presented on this website and in the courses offered by CHILD NY is not intended to and does not provide legal advice about any specific legal problems. The information presented by CHILD NY is only general in its nature and may or may not be applicable to the issues in any particular case or matter. The information presented by CHILD NY is also subject to change, whether due to changes in the law or for other reasons. This website cannot and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an attorney.

By using this website, you expressly agree that you are not relying and will not rely upon any of the information contained herein as legal advice. By using this website, you expressly agree that you shall not attempt to hold CHILD NY responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein.

erikareinhart
Thank you so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! That did it.