Sign in to follow this  
pilotsatg

Website not updating

pilotsatg

After I have made changes in the dashboard (I added photos to several boxes and also changed text and added different photos in the main content area of a page) and I can view my changes as long as I am logged in as the admin but I am unable to view the changes when revisiting the site when not logged in as admin. I have cleared cache and also used 4 different browsers IE, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

kastelic
Do you have a caching plugin such as w3 total cache installed? If so make sure to clear its cache or deactivate to see changes.

slingr
I had a similar problem that was driving me crazy until I deactivated W3 Total Cache plugin.

pilotsatg
Thank you!!! w3 was deactivated but I tried to delete it and there were missing files which caused an error. When I tried to delete w3 it locked me out of the dashboard and could not log back in. However I went into my file manager with my web hosting and deleted all files associated with w3. That did the trick. I was able to log in again and my site updated correctly Thank you so much.