Sign in to follow this  
pdavies

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in footer

pdavies

Hi, I have had your theme for quite some time, but only recently have I discovered that the following has appeared in the footer: Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in D:hostingmember.......pdf_sitewp-contentthemesiBlogProfooter.php on line 5060 PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in D:hostingmember......wp-contentthemesiBlogProfooter.php on line 5060 I have looked on your forum for answers, but they all relate to syntax errors, which this is not. Can you help as this is not doing anything for the performance of my site. Thanks, paul

cmunns

What changes have you made that coincided with the problem? Added plug-ins, edited files?

pdavies

Hi Adam, The only thing I can think of is that I put a youtube video on one of my posts and changed a 'contact' form on the site. The address is http://www.protectmywealth.com.au Other than that, I don't really have any other ideas of how it happened. Cheers, Paul

bryan-hadaway

I would temporarily remove the contact form and then save, clear your browser cache and check for the problem again, it will help pinpoint that as the problem or dismiss it from being the culprit. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

try disabling things like plugins, forms etc... until it goes away. When it does you've found your culprit.

pdavies

Hi, thanks for the help. I've disabled the contact, cleared the cache, restarted browser, but still no luck. The only plugin I have is Contact 7, and it has been there prior to this problem occurring.

cmunns

On your feature text for slide 3 there appears to be an extra `

pdavies

Hi, I tried looking under ALL of the options under the control panel of wordpress, but couldn't find any extra </div>, or any at all for that matter. Suggestions on where to find it?

bryan-hadaway

Did you look in: Theme Feature > Feature 3 ? Try temporarily disabling Contact 7 to see if the problem goes away, because maybe something else changed that is now conflicting with Contact 7 that didn't before. Thanks, Bryan

pdavies

Hi Bryan, yeah, I disabled the Contact 7 form with no change. I did check Theme Feature>Feature 3 I've noticed that my analytics code is no longer working, so am thinking it may have something to do with that? Would it be anything to do with the 'footer' code in the theme? Cheers, Paul

bryan-hadaway

I mean have you tried deactivating the Contact 7 Plugin altogether from the plugins menu, not just removing the contact form? Have you manually edited footer.php at all? Thanks, Bryan

pdavies

Hi Bryan, Yes, I deactivated the Contact7 Plugin. This is the only plugin available there. No, I haven't manually edited footer.php.

bryan-hadaway

Okay, I'm forwarding for special help. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Ok, so I took a look and the problem is going to be in your Footer.php file. Although, I'm confused as there is no where near 5060 lines of code in there. You're telling me that the footer.php file hasn't changed? Are you using windows to host? That could be the problem right there.

pdavies

Hi arpowers, The footer wasn't changed, as I wouldn't know how to be honest. But yes, it is hosted on a Windows server. Any suggestions for the host that I can contact them about? Thank you for you help.

bryan-hadaway

You might want to ask them to help you implement a php.ini file for PHP5. I realize you may have no idea what I'm talking about, but your host will. Also, you might ask them if they use any Linux servers and how much it would cost to move over to one of them. Thanks, Bryan

pdavies

Hi, I'm back again with the same problem, but on another site for a friend: www.christmissionpossible.com.au I've contacted the host and they say it is a .php error. This is what appears in the footer at this stage: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in boswinfs03homeuserswebb1208whl.cmp123wp-contentthemesiBlogProfooter.php on line 5071 I've once again told them that it would be good to change to other than a Windows based server and this is the response: You can set your php version by logging into your control panel, clicking on manage php but this has nothing to do with the server, or your version of php. The file footer.php is missing code and this is why you are getting the syntax error. I have corrected the error by adding <html> to line 1 of boswinfs03homeuserswebb1208whl.cmp123wp-contentthemesiBlogProfooter.php but I suspect more is missing as line 2 is </div> and this is a closing tag so there should be more above it. I would recommend uploading a known good backup of the footer.php file or again contacting the software vendor for more support. I have left a copy of the original file before I made changes in the same directory called footerold.php Hope you can help. Paul

cmunns

I just don't see how it says line 5071...when there aren't that many lines. What does your footer look like? Do you plugins installed that inject any scripts into the footer?