Sign in to follow this  
cas45

Getting the wrong thumbnail size

cas45

When I use an image from Nextgen Gallery for a featured image in a post Platform pro is using the Nextgen Gallery thumbnail instead of the 150px x 150px thumbnail size set in media. How can I get it to use the larger thumbnail size. I do not want to change the thumbnail size in Nextgen Gallery. http://sandboxes.kashmirhouston.com/sandbox9/blog/

Kate
The short answer is: you can't. NextGen actually renders their thumbnails ahead of time. So, it's pulling a thumbnail that's already been generated (and rendered at 100x75px).

cas45
Perhaps someone at Pagelines can take a look at this thread and suggest a remedy. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/featured-image-not-working-with-nextgen-gallery?replies=10

kastelic
Can't you just reupload the image as the featured image, rather than choosing from nextgen gallery?

cas45
I could but this is a site for a client and they are already using nextgen for their images it would be nice to pick a photo from the gallery for the featured image. As part of Pagelines integration with nextgen it would be nice to have a working featured image, the carousel is great but in the long run less useful.

Kate
If this is a separate issue from your original question, please start a new thread.

Rob
It is frequently misunderstood that featured image is part of PlatformPro. In fact, it is exclusively part of Wordpress. Platform only displays the image, as thousands of other themes do, adding styling to it, but that's it. It would be much more sensible to add your image as a featured image first, then add it again to NextGen. Unfortunately, styling by Platform won't resize in this case.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cas45
This is not a separate issue than the one stated above and I do understand that featured image is part of Wordpress. I also develop sites in other frameworks. If you read the material in the link I provided above it is a way to update your theme in order to be able to import feature images from nextgen gallery and not get the nextgen thumbnail. I could probably go in and make the modifications myself to the theme to fix this issue. I thought I would bring it up here in order to solve this problem for other users as well as myself. Pagelines does mention their integration with nextgen gallery I know this is for the carousel, but having the featured image work smoothly with nextgen would be a big advantage for many users. A suggestion on how to best tailor the solution in the link above into Pagelines would be appreciated. It would also be advantageous that this be added to a future Pagelines update so everyone can benefit.

Rob
When you add an image to the NextGen Gallery, don't you get a URL for that image? If you do, then you need only paste it into the background link area and save. As for creating a direct connection, I'll forward your suggestion to the developers for their consideration. Kate was correct however, the suggestion does not belong in the support forums, but in Ideas and Feedback.

cas45
I think it belongs in support when I asked for assistance implementing the code in the link I submitted. The rest of this was just a helpful suggestion.

Rob
The reason I did not address the issues posed in the link you provided is that they basically do not really apply to Platform. It is possible to make those changes, but it would require considerable editing in core files which I can't do or recommend. Besides, with the next upgrade, they'd be wiped out. You should consider either using the method I proposed OR, ask one of our Pros for a quote to create this customization in a way that will not be lost with the next upgrade. http://www.pagelines.com/pros