Sign in to follow this  
weltraumaffe

How to change style of admin comments

weltraumaffe

Hi, My Blog www.maenner-style.de receives a lot of questions by comments. So i have to give a answear by comment, too. Problem is that they are all looking very similar. How can i change the style of the admin comments? I would like to have a red background and white text every time i answear. I hope you can help me.

Danny
Hi, If you read the link below that should help you, but if you require more assistance no hesitate to ask. http://www.wprecipes.com/how-to-style-author-comments-in-wordpress-27

Please search our forums, before posting!

weltraumaffe
have tried it, but there is one problem: when i answear on a question and another person is answearing my answear, this comment will be also styled like mine :(

Kate
There should be a reply class given, I think. You can style those separately.

weltraumaffe
Just found following line with firebug:
  • "authorname" is my name and "count" is the number of the comment But what is the reply class now?!

catrina
    I think using a plugin would be an easier solution: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/highlight-author-comments. You can try it and see how you like it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kastelic
    You can use a child selector to specify that you only want the immediate child of an element to be affected, not all the children down the line, like so: [code] .comment-author-ben > div { color: red; } [/code]