Sign in to follow this  
garyroskin

Centering my Header Custom Branding Logo

garyroskin

Well, I have tried everything I know ... so Help! Please :-) OK - So I have a Logo. and I created a PSD with the blue background and drop shadow so it would blend with my blue background - and that worked great. But now I can't make it BIG and Centered. At first, I used 960 px as the legnth. But I'd like it extended. Is that possible? Right now, I have the length at 1084 px, but it's stopped on eth left, and going further on the right. I've tried changing code (I'm a real novice at that!) to 100% width, and left, but nothing's happened so far. Is there a solution? Thanks! Gary

garyroskin
Oh - have a look --- www.roskingemnewsreport.com/wp-admin

catrina
I think it'd best if you changed the body background color so that it matches the shade of blue that is behind the banner drop shadow (so that it blends perfectly). I checked and the color for the body background you should be using is #112E65. What custom CSS code do you have right now? Also, since your site layout mode isn't set to full-width, that could be an issue, too.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

garyroskin
Hi Catrina - thanks for the hint at the Layout Mode set to Full Width ... where is that? As for the color, I was using the Photoshop numbers and had them matched ... but I'll check out #112E65. thanks

garyroskin
Hmmm the layout mode controls the Content - not the Header. Am I reading that right?

Rob
Gary, read this http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12501/center-header-problem/p1 Also, to give you a little more wiggle room for text in the boxes, try adding this to your Custom Rules: [code].fboxinfo {clear:left}[/code] It will move the image above the text.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

garyroskin
tried this too but my header logo branding image is staying put ... any other ideas before I give up and try a different design?

Jenny
Hi Gary. What you are describing with the layout and the image moving to the right, this always happens when you use text on the left or right. Would you try setting the feature options to use text on the bottom and see if you like it (and if it works)?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

garyroskin
I gave up - I just made the top image the same size as the Features Slider and will live with it until I can figure out how to make it stretch wider and centered. But thanks!! www.roskingemnewsreport.com/wp-admin