Sign in to follow this  
copypro

Where do I edit the intro line to my web form?

copypro

www.PowerCurveMedia.com My web form starts just below the line "FREE Mini Marketing Audit!" on the right of all pages. I can edit the rest of the web from inside Infusionsoft, but haven't had any luck finding where to edit that top line - where is that located?

Danny
Hi, This is something you would have to ask the plugin author about.

Please search our forums, before posting!

copypro
Not accurate - the line I'm referring to is above the web form, somewhere in Platform Pro. More critically, I'm looking for where the web form is inside my dashboard - anybody able to show me where to look?

Danny
From looking at your HTML that line "Free Mini Marketing Audit" looks as if it is part of the Infusionsoft Widget. [code]
  • FREE Mini Marketing Audit!

[/code] If you want, PM details to your site, with access to wp-admin and I'll take a closer look for you if you like.

Please search our forums, before posting!

copypro
    I will be happy to provide those details - may I email them to you privately?

copypro
    ...assuming you mean un/pw site is www.powercurvemedia.com

Jenny
    Isn't it just the widget title? Most of these can be changed in the Appearance -> Widgets area. If not, as Danny said, you need to contact the plugin developer. It appears the plugin you installed is this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/infusionsoft-web-form-widget/. The author's information is on that page. You will most likely need to edit the core files of the plugin which will be over-written when the plugin is updated, unfortunately.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
    Dear Copypro, As much as we try to assist in every way possible, most errors that are caused by plugins are exclusively the responsibility of the plugin author to support. Danny was absolutely correct. You should address that issue with the plugin author. I'd also suggest you verify the validity of your plugins before selecting them. That particular plugin expired with Wordpress 2.9.2 and hasn't been updated. If you elect to use outdated plugins, you'll get errors which we cannot support. It is your responsibility to ensure that plugins or any added components to your site are up to date. Please look at the link Jenny provided to your plugin and you'll see the following: [code]Compatible up to: 2.9.2 Last Updated: 2010-3-31 [/code] When plugins are outdated such as this, and have few downloads, you can be assured you'll get nothing but errors. Please address any further issues on this topic directly to the plugin author or, if you're wise, you will select a new plugin that is regularly maintained.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

copypro
    Jenny, your comment was right on, exactly what I was looking for, simply needed to locate the widget in my dashboard, and once I found it, there was no problem editing it to what I wanted. BTW, I thought I was using the plugin "WP Infusionsoft...", but you say it looks like I'm using another one. I do have one called Infusionsoft WebForms, also by Joey Novack as is the one you referred to, but they are both activated and at this point I'm not sure which one I'm using. How can I tell which one I'm actually using?

Rob
    Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins and see if both are activated. Deactivate one at a time and see if your form disappears. While you may reject my information, it remains 100% factual that the plugin used on your form matches exactly what Danny and Jenny pointed out. A simple "view source" will tell you this too. I tracked the plugin back to the source and found it outdated. If you dispute my opinion, please check the link - the same one Jenny provided http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/infusionsoft-web-form-widget/ and see for yourself. We do not support outdated plugins.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur