Sign in to follow this  
figgynewwy

sERIOUS ISSUE

figgynewwy

i was attempting to get a different page layout for my main page when i encountered an error. i can no longer access my site and my hosting company says its a theme issues. here is the error. please help! Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/bosweb/web283/b2836/ipg.holistichealthhotspo/spiritualmomma/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 187 Issue setting layout a Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /hermes/bosweb/web283/b2836/ipg.holistichealthhotspo/spiritualmomma/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/library.functions.php on line 223

Danny
HI, Your problem is that, its not recommended to work on core files within Platform Pro, you really should use the child theme Platform Base to make changes. Read the link below regarding Child theming. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme To resolve your issue, download Platform Pro from your account, unzip the file and using your favourite FTP client, upload the following files, overwritting the ones you have now. From the errors you posted, the below files are the ones needing to be replaced. class.layout.php library.functions.php Once you have replaced the two files, refresh your website and it should be working again.

Please search our forums, before posting!

figgynewwy
I uploaded those files & reinstalled my back up version but the error remains. HELP

Rob
Figgynewwy, If you have PlatformPro on your local computer, I'd suggest you reinstall it. Before you do, please copy all the custom CSS you may have added to a notepad and save to your desktop. Once you've reloaded the entire directory and subdirectories at wp-content/themes/platformpro, you should be able to login. When you do, please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate platformbase. Any changes you need to make MUST be done via custom CSS or copying template or section files to the platformbase directory found at wp-content/themes/platformbase. Copy your custom CSS from the desktop notepad file and go to Custom Code, CSS Rules and paste there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
On a side note, the errors you received may not have come from the files noted in the error, but in other files that can't be read by those two. This is why you need to upload the entire thing.

Rob
It worked? Are you up and running again?

figgynewwy
my hosting company restored my site but the theme is now corrupted. how do i fix this?

seanriceaz
Your best bet is to go into your database into your wp_settings table and delete the keys that start with Pagelines. There are two of them. This should fix your corrupted theme, but you will lose you pagelines settings (you'll need to re-set those somehow) If you're savvy, you can copy the text out of them and probably restore some of your pagelines settings that way...