Sign in to follow this  
chisim11

PP Presentation + Password Protected

chisim11

Unsure if possible. But will like to add a page where I would have clients to enter username, password or both so they can access to a PowerPoint presentation. I know I've seen it on other websites but unsure whether it could be done with Wordpress/Pagelines. Is this done thru widgets? Sorry for long question Thanks

kastelic
What you probably want here is a membership plugin such as s2Member. It will allow you to set certain pages as password protected. Wordpress has a built in password-protect ability as well. When you go to edit a post or by the Publish button click to edit Visibility. Then check Password Protected and set a password for that page.

chisim11
Thanks Jimmy. I'll check it out.

chisim11
Jimmy, Forgot to ask, how would go about adding the PowerPoint Presentation to a page? Thanks,

garyroskin
I'd love to see the answer to that question too! thanks! Gary

Rob
1. You upload the PPT using the Media tools of Wordpress. It will allow you to Insert into Post (or page). 2. When you do, it will create a link based on the name of the PPT file. 3. Save your page or post and view. 4. Click the link and it will download the file to the local computer. As for viewing PPT files inline, you can use http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tgn-embed-everything/ or http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-document-embedder/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Keep in mind that the full effects of Powerpoint are not best seen as an online embed, but on the visitor's actual computer. If you go the default route, make sure you add security to your PPT presentations.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur