Sign in to follow this  
mystylist

Formating Problems: Pages and Boxes, Soap Boxes and Secondary Navigation Menu

mystylist

Hi Everyone, I've just started building a website with Platform Pro. I'm having some problems with my home page. As I said, the site is in early days, but I was wondering if you could inform me on the following.. Is it possible to make the box a preview of information on a page? How do I change the secondary navigation menu (city menu) font size? I have entered the following code into the custom CSS but it didn't work #secondnav { font-size: 1.0em; line-height: 1.1; } Also, for the soap boxes, I would like to have three in a row, is this possible? If not, is it possible to have two x two smaller boxes in a row? I'm a hack with html, am using Firebug and this forum to the best of my ability to get through this. Thank you for your assistance. http://www.mystylistgroup.com

Kate
For the boxes, you can control the number per row from the admin area. For the font-size: You'll first have to make sure that this chunk of code has an ending bracket, or no code below it will work: [code]body{} #primary-nav li a{ font-size: 1.0em; }[/code] Then you can add this: [code].secondnav_menu li a{font-size:1.1em;}[/code]

mystylist
Thank you so much for your response Kate. I've tried entering the provided code into Custom CSS, but it didn't work. Sorry if I sound a bit daft, but regarding the soapboxes, where in the admin section can I find the control for these specific boxes? I have a section for 'boxes' but not soapboxes. Thanks in advance.

catrina
Please try adding this code instead: [code]ul#menu-city-menu div.secondnav_menu {font-size: #px;}[/code] The Soapboxes are controlled in the Page Meta settings (within the page editor for your regular pages).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mystylist
Hi Catrina, Thanks for your response. I tried the code, but unfortunately it didn't work either. I'll check out your tips for the soapboxes Thanks again!

Danny
Hi, To change the font size of the secondary menu, add the code provided below. [code] #secondnav li a { font-size: 1.1em; } [/code] I've added the font-size 1.1em, like you suggested in your original post, but the issue with that is, you need to change the size to a higher figure, as from my testing 1.1em is the size of the font already. Changing this to a higher number you will see the font size increase. An example would be to change font size to 2.em so you can see what I mean.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mystylist
Thank you so much Danny, it worked a treat!