Sign in to follow this  
bencloson

Theme settings lost

bencloson

I moved my site to a new directory and I've lost all my platformPro theme settings. I forgot to Export my Settings before moving my site. It is there still a way to recover them? Aren't they saved somewhere in the database? Thanks for your help

kastelic
They are in the database but i'm not sure how you'd recover them. What steps did you take to move your site?

bencloson
1/ Drag and drop all files from .../beta directory to main directory on the same server (with Filezilla) 2/ Database dump for backing up 3/ Find all the url with .../beta in the sql file and replace by main directory url. 4/ reload database --> the site works but I've lost all the platformPro settings (size, template, text widget in widget area, custom logo in the header, ....) Anyone knows how to recover them? Thank you

Rob
By editing the database, you may have changed the settings. However, they should be there. You may however, have some issues with the actual database language. When you downloaded it and edited, was the language UTF-8 and the editor - did that use the same? If you edited and saved in ANSI, things like a > are converted to full length code rather than the actual right angle bracket. That can throw off any read of the database. Some things like text widgets you will have to replicate and may not be stored. The dynamic CSS should be. Theoretically, you should be able to replicate your header easily, and the site itself should tell you what the navigation should be.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur