Sign in to follow this  
markland

CSS out of whack: how can I narrow page width?

markland

As you can see here... http://debaserproductions.com/testing/ ...the page is a bit too wide. I know this has to do with my moving the navbar, but even using Firebug I can't figure out how to narrow the page width (right now the scroll bar shows at the bottom of the screen). Help?

Rob
Mark, as I see it, the site looks great in Firefox. The one thing I do see which seems out of place is the grey bar which is below the bracketed slider. That comes from your Feature Settings. Check them to see if you have "No Navigation" selected. Also, make sure "Show play pause button" is unchecked. Otherwise, I seriously see nothing wrong with the site. Am I missing something? Or is it showing oddly in a different browser?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

markland
No, that's not the problem. I'm probably describing it probably. The width of the entire page is messed up. If I reduce the width of the navbar, it sets the width of all content out of whack. The navbar still has a width of 940 px in some element, even though its only around 660px wide - as a result, pushing the background to the right. Again, not sure if I'm using the right terminology. But as you can see, the browser window allow you to scroll right into nothingness. I need to eliminate that.

Rob
Well, did you use Dashboard > Layout Editor to narrow the width of the site? You can drag the width of the site and move it to a width you prefer. The "nothingness" you refer to... Is this the bottom part of the site that's faded blue? If so, that's the Pagelines footer area. Add this to your CSS Rules [code]#cred {display: none;}[/code]. I see a div which tells me you are using a template that is not correct. If you're trying to get the whitespace below the grey bar I mentioned earlier to disappear, that's the div. It's there looking for content. I presume that every other item in your site is a page and that you have no posts. Create a post called "Test" and it will likely show up there. If that's what you want to fix, find the template used to create the homepage and remove the Content area.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur