Sign in to follow this  
scootdc

Problem with BBPress

scootdc

Getting the following when trying to view the Forum or Topic using BBPress at this site: http://thechannelatbowen.com/residents/ Any suggestions? This webpage has a redirect loop The webpage at http://thechannelatbowen.com/forums/topic/i-love-the-channel-2 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer. Here are some suggestions: Reload this webpage later. Learn more about this problem.

Rob
You need to talk to your host because your site generally loads way too slow. I suspect your bbPress installation is redirecting because of improper installation or incorrect settings. Did you upload the program after getting it from bbPress or, did you use the plugin? Did you move the bbPress formatted directories to platformbase? Which brings me to the big question... Do you have Platformbase activated?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

scootdc
I used the plugin i have PlatformBase 1.3.1 activated did not move the formatted directories to PlatformBase directory...is that the key?

kastelic
Seems to load fine for me. I would check with your host, make sure you have no 301 redirects set.

scootdc
Still having trouble getting the forum directories and topics to show properly. Anyone know why?

kastelic
can we get a guest login? What exactly is not showing properly? have you tried deactivating all other plugins?

scootdc
Username: GuestVisitor Password: guestvisitor1234 On the Residents page, right sidebar, if you click on the Forums or New in the Forums items, it should show forum entries and categories but nothing is showing. Also, cannot post b/c it asks for Forum ID

catrina
I have logged in as a guest and visited the Residents page. This is what I see now in the right sidebar: Forums Announcements Residents General Discussion New in the Forum I Love The Channel The Channel Rocks! Online Rent Payment Click Here to pay your rent online Am I looking at the right Residents page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

scootdc
Yes. I'm trying to get bbpress to show all forum discussions when someone clicks on Announcements, Residents, or General the resulting links shows nothing even though I've added posts to each.

Danny
Hi Scootdc, After taking a look at your site and from reading what you have said about the posts not showing up and that it asks for a Forum ID. What I would suggest is going to the support forums over at Buddypress, because there is clearly an issue here, we can all see you have posts and clicking on them gives us the "There are no posts for this topic."

Please search our forums, before posting!

scootdc
I tried the support forums at BuddyPress and bbPress and also reviews the information here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14080/bbpress-installation-issues. But I'm still having the same problem. I've deactivated bbPress for now but am still wanting to incorporate a forum into the site. I've also tried bbPress Integration (plug-in) to no avail. Any ideas? I've wasted 2 days trying to figure this out on my own and am stumped.

scootdc
Still stumped here! Anyone got any helpful suggestions?