Sign in to follow this  
geographyblog

How can I make the carousel shorter and fit in the main content area.

geographyblog

Is it possible to make the carousel shorter so that it will fit just below my last post and next to the side bar (not below it). My site: www.geographyblog.eu thanks

Rob
Hi. Whatever you've added to your site, you need to verify with a spyware or virus checker. When trying to view it, Kaspersky denied me access because of a Trojan present in your site. As for the carousel's width, like the feature slider, it tries to be full width. Unlike the feature slider, it looks terrible in the content area width. Why? Well, it cuts down the number of thumbnails to just a few, maybe four - at the outset five. The navigation buttons either side "stick out" and there's the risk that your thumbnails will look out of place. My suggestion would be to find an alternate slider via http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins and use that in place of the Carousel. Meanwhile, get this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-check/ to make sure your plugins aren't adding bad things to your site.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

geographyblog
Hi Rangelone I have already cleared the virus from the site through my host and they have told me that it will take a couple of days for the virus chekers to update themselves. Something to do with Timthumb I think. I take it is not possible to shorten the carousel then?

Rob
It's possible, but it will not look good. Some things just don't work nicely in a narrower version, rather like wearing a suit 4 sizes too small... you may get it on, but you wouldn't want to be seen in public wearing it. ;-)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur