Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

Is it possible to overwrite plugin .css files via the platform pro custom code area?

antonyw

If so how do I prefix the code so the 'custom code thingy' knows where to look? As i am clueless i know this could potentially be a really stupid question

Rob
Antony, yes, it's possible to overwrite a plugin's .css via CSS Rules in Custom Code. To find the applicable CSS from the plugin you want to overwrite, you need to use Firebug for Firefox. This easy to use plugin does require some basic CSS knowledge, which I'm sure you have. Just open it, hover to the area where your plugin is activated and click the appropriate Firebug option to see the source code, CSS, etc. That will give you the appropriate tags to edit. Just write your code in Notepad or another CSS tool and copy to Custom Code / CSS Rules. Save and test. You may have to tweak and adjust a bit.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonyw
Thanks for that, I have started using Firebug and it's great but, as before, the BP and 'dynamic' css seem to create multiple layers that make editing difficult. I will continue to experiment - thanks for the clarification on the original question.