Sign in to follow this  
jimtron

change color of horizontal rules

jimtron

I'm trying and failing to figure this out for myself. Trying to change color of horizontal rules, see: http://peerhere.com/test With Firebug I can't figure out how to select only the lines (I can select many other elements, but not the rule/border whatever). Can I change the hue of these horizontal rules via the Design Control panel? I've tried changing a bunch of colors there but can't get the lines to change. And what's the proper term for these? Tried searching but couldn't find info.

kastelic
What you are seeing are actually bottom-borders. This rule here is affecting the color: [code] hr, .fpost, .clip_box, .widget-title, #buddypress-page .item-list li, .metabar a, #morefoot .widget-title, #site #dsq-content h3, .post.fpost .entry, #soapbox .fboxinfo, #primary-nav #nav_row, .fpost.sticky { border-color: #666; } [/code] Change it to what you like and add !important like this: [code] hr, .fpost, .clip_box, .widget-title, #buddypress-page .item-list li, .metabar a, #morefoot .widget-title, #site #dsq-content h3, .post.fpost .entry, #soapbox .fboxinfo, #primary-nav #nav_row, .fpost.sticky { border-color: #333 !important; } [/code]

jimtron
I pasted that in the custom code box and it worked, thanks!

stuart
I pasted this into the custom code box as well and it worked! Thank you for your help. However, I'm still unable to change the color of the border below the primary navigation bar. What custom css code should I insert to change that? Thanks