Sign in to follow this  
hyest

Changing Page Title from Archives to something else - ECO PRO

hyest

Hello, I'm trying to change the title that appears on the page in the brown strip that says "Archives". I would like it to have the product category name (im using thecartpress) or at least being able to change it to a static name like "Grass Roots RX Shop". I changed the actual title that appears at the top in the browser bar, hoping it would affect this as well but didn't. I would imagine i'd have to change something in one of the template files, but this theme doesn't have an "archive.php" i could find to be able to do anything. Any help? here's a screenshot of what im talking about Gz2mb.jpg

kastelic
The code that generates the page title is in libarary/_spotlight.php You can put your own if statement at the bottom. If you post a link to your site I could give you a more detailed example.

hyest
Hello, I did look at the _spotlight.php file and couldn't figure out exactly how I would go about changing it. Here's an example of the page that shows Archives text in the "spotlight" area: http://www.grrx.org/product_category/all-products/ I only get it when going to my categories (as seen in the sidebar widget for "Store Categories") as linked above I really appreciate your help, Chris

hyest
What I meant was, I can see where I can change the word "Archives" to something else as text, but is there a variable I can use to make it say the actual Page Title in there or better yet Category Name?

hyest
Actually, just being able to name it was good enough. Thanks for the help in where the file was :)