Sign in to follow this  
humanv3

Full Width Sidebar Question...

humanv3

Hi there! Here's what I'm trying to do: 1. I've enabled shortcodes in sidebars. 2. I've created 2 divs in the Fullwidth Sidebar to act as a kind of custom Callout section. 3. I've included a plugin (shortcode) to include image thumbnails from a particular Category into the first div. 4. I have a link to elsewhere in the second div. Here's what happens: 1. The table that gets created by the shortcode automatically gets placed outside (therefore above) the div that surrounds it. (which remains at 100% width) 2. As a result, both divs get placed below the created table. Is there something that is preventing the table from rendering within the div on the PageLines side of things, or should I continue to work with the creator of the plugin? As it only outputs a table, I'm at the point of asking you guys if there is something I don't know about the sidebars etc... Many thanks for your patience ;)

Rob
Can you provide a link to the site so we can see this problem? Thanks. It is probable that the table is being incorrectly styled or structured. Also, a link to the plugin would help.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

humanv3
the site is under Maintenance Mode while I build... I can send you some screens if that will help?

humanv3
Can I get your email address to send them? There's no attachments for responses...

kastelic
You can use imgur.com to upload a screenshot and share it here. As rangelone said, its going to be really hard to give suggestions without seeing it. Is it possible you can set up a test user account that we can use?

catrina
Has the creator of the plugin told you anything about what could be the issue or has he/she not responded yet?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

humanv3
Sort of waiting until we hear from you - just in case there is something that destroys certain html tags or something :) I'm grasping at straws myself... As far as php goes I added a code in functions.php to enable shortcodes in sidebars. Here is the code: add_filter( 'widget_text', 'shortcode_unautop'); add_filter( 'widget_text', 'do_shortcode'); Would this be affecting it?

catrina
I don't think that they would being affecting it. It might have to do with WordPress stripping certain tags, but I'm not quite certain. Maybe it has to do with the table code that's being generated (sometimes tables don't render correctly inside DIV containers).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

humanv3
Is there an issue with rendering "anything" inside of the
    ? No matter what I try it places itself above the
  • ... Is it possible that the sidebar thinks it's a new list item? Even though it's supposed to be rendering inside of the
  • ... my brain hurts. :P

Rob
I don't think the
    tag's the problem, but rather the creation of the div in the sidebar. While I may seem "old fashioned" sometimes old things work best. My suggestion would be to create the table manually in the sidebar.... you know... the old

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

humanv3
Actually, I tried that - didn't work, BUT... the author was incredibly helpful and released a ".1" version of his plugin that now sits perfectly inside a div. Thank you all for your patience with this one! If it wasn't in bad taste I'd plug his plugin right here -> :)