Sign in to follow this  
michaelmendelssohn

Feature Image Size - Inches

michaelmendelssohn

I am photoshop naive...Can someone share with me the inch size optimal for feature images. Thank You

Rob
Anything over 220 pixels (based on your compression) and as much as 600 pixels. Your images must be square in shape. for the feature images (thumbnails). Wordpress does not "crop" these to a square shape. Instead, it resizes, so a 250 x 400 pixel rectangle will look squished when turned into a 150 x 150 pixel thumbnail (the default conversion size. Whether using Photoshop or other graphic editors, simply make sure it's telling you the size in pixels, not inches.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

michaelmendelssohn
Thanks rangelone...Let me rephrase my question. I am using PPT to make a template to move images into to stay consistent with sizing...Can you tell me the inches that should be used instead of the pixels...PPT does not offer that conversion.

Rob
I don't think PPT images will convert well and honestly don't know the "inches". The web doesn't usually work in "inches" but in pixels. Pixels convert at different rates, so you need to find out the Dots Per Inch rate. For example: an image of 72pixels at 72dpi (dots per inch) will be 1 inch wide. Conversely a 2 inch image at 72dpi would be 144px (all referencing either height or width). You can get a converter here http://www.classical-webdesigns.co.uk/resources/pixelinchconvert.html

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur