Sign in to follow this  
jkskovgaard

Translating "Search"

jkskovgaard

I'd like to translate the "Search"-text within the search-box into Danish. How do I do that? I've got the Dniash version of wordpress, so I'm guessing this text must be "hard-coded" somewhere? Thanks!

jkskovgaard
It's the only thing that I need to translate I think. Here's the URL: platform.pressmoo.com

Rob
I'm not sure if Transposh will help, but you could enable it and set the default language to Danish. If search is dynamic and not "static" like an image, it should translate. You get it via http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jkskovgaard
Ok... This means "search" in the searchbox isn't part of the list of words that's included in the wordpress language files then? It's a bit much to install a plug in for this?

Rob
Actually, it must be hardcoded. However I'm unsure where. Let me look.

Rob
Hi. We don't provide support for editing core files as it can cause potential harm to your site. However, you need to FTP into your site to wp-content/themes/platformpro/language and edit the platform.po file. The word "Search" appears in that file. Save and reload the file. Note: It is not advisable to edit core files. Please be advised that upgrades to Platformpro will result in overwriting any changes made to files in that folder.

jkskovgaard
Hi rangelone! Thank you for the reply. I'm looking at the platform.po file and also your replies. Do you know if there is a safe way to do this? Editing the core files defeats the purpose of having a base theme and almost using PlatformPro to begin with. A plug in?

jkskovgaard
I've altered the platform.po using poedit. Renamed it da_DK for danish. Uploaded it. It seems to work! No core editing :)

jkskovgaard
Oh - whenever the theme is updated, my files are overwritten. Can I somehow connect the new da_DK language files to the base-theme, to prevent this?

jkskovgaard
AHA! I've created a "language" subfolder in the base-theme and uploaded the language files here. Looks like that's actually working! YAY! They shouldn't be overwritten on update, no?

Rob
Yes, any file in wp-content/themes/platformpro may be overwritten in upgrades.