Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

How do I make my Buddypress install 'invite only' with Platform Pro

antonyw

I have been banging my head against the wall with 'Secure Invites' for a couple of hours and ..... need any help anyone can offer. www.transitionstrategy.co.uk

Rob
Antony, the problem is not PlatformPro. It is, however, a problem with Buddypress compatibility. According to this http://codex.buddypress.org/releases/1-5-plugin-compatibility/ Secure Invites has failed the compatibility test. You'll need to either find a different compatible plugin or write the plugin author to ask him/her to upgrade.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonyw
Another great tip, thank you for the link. Invite anyone seems to be doing the trick, once I deactivated 'role scoper' I will revisit role scoper later to see what the problem was. Role scoper was stopping the auto activation process. Invite anyone doesn't seem to restrict any user from registering though.....to be continued

Rob
Have you considered something like s2member? Not a "buddypress" but a WP plugin that controls who's registering. It interacts well with Buddypress and bbPress.

antonyw
I had a look at s2member but my industry doesnt really lend itself to paypal type billing and i dont want to scare propsective clients off right at the beginning. Most of the people im dealing with barely know how to plug their computer in nevermind navigate the complex world of setting up a paypal account. I have decided to run with invite anyone for the time being, it now seems to be working well. i have hidden the register buttons but if anyone wants to they can still find the form and register - no big deal at this stage. - thanks again

Rob
Antony, the default level of s2member is "0" which is free. Just don't create any pages suggesting a pricing scheme. I've done it and it works great.

antonyw
ahh ok very good i will give that a try - thanks