Sign in to follow this  
michaelyork

Help! Theme control panel is broken.

michaelyork

Hi there, this is a rather urgent request. For some reason, after months of use, my control panel has turned like this: VqpZs.png I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried disabling all plugins, reinstalling the theme, and nothing seems to resolve the issue. Any ideas?

Danny
Hi Michael, This is most likely a JS error, do you happen to a web developer toolbar or something similar that displays such errors, if so would it be possible for you to post the error here please. If you don't have anything like this installed, could you provide me a link to site and access to the Wordpress admin so I can see for myself.

Please search our forums, before posting!

michaelyork
Hey Danny, thanks for the quick reply. I became so frustrated with this that I recreated my entire site from scratch last night on a subdomain: "dev.domain.com" I didn't have the problem until I moved back to the normal domain again *and* changed the theme folder's name from "platformpro" to something else. Unfortunately, even if I try editing it back to "platformpro", it doesn't revert. I just sent you a message with the access credentials. You would make my week if you can figure it out! Thanks :)

Simon
You cant rename the theme folder, why are you doing that?

michaelyork
Yep, so it turns out that actually was the problem. Didn't know you couldn't rename it. Is it a technical issue or a license issue? Also, pross, I'm having an issue deleting my posts in another thread. Would you mind taking a quick look at that? Thank you so much.

Simon
The child theme needs the parent theme files to be in the platformpro folder.