Sign in to follow this  
davidgoredgore

Blog not working

davidgoredgore

Have read docs and searched forum extensively. Want static front page and posts / comments page on different page. Using PlatformPro version 1.5.3 When move to the blog page I'm getting "Nothing Found" where the blog should be. I can't get the blog to work. Any ideas? Have gone into Settings / Reading and set "front page" to home page and set Posts page to "comments" page (blog). I've made all of these changes to attempt to resolve this problem: Using Default Page Template Discussion is enabled Permalinks changed to "Day and name" style, not default Verified "Posts Pages" and "Single Post Pages" only have Content Area section in them Verified "Page Content Area", "Post Page Content Area" and "Single Post Content Area" have the Main Content loop All settings appear to be correct

Danny
Hi David, Can you post a link to your site please?

Please search our forums, before posting!

davidgoredgore
Guess that would help - sorry about that ... http://2cafe.biz

Danny
Hi David, Can you enable your blog page where you get the error "Nothing Found" and try the following: Revert your Permalink structure to default and try the blog page and see if the "Nothing Found" error still persists. If that doesn't work, can you send me a PM with username and password, so I can access your site to take a closer look?

davidgoredgore
Sent the username and password - thanks for your help ...

Danny
Hi David, Thanks for giving me access to your site. Basically, when you set up the static pages like you have in the Wordpress admin panel --> Settings --> Reading, when I looked I noticed you had the Posts Page set to the Feedback page you created, now with you saying you wanted a blog. I automatically assumed your Blog page would be called blog and not feedback. Anyway, this no longer matters, as I now understand what you are trying to do and can now tell you why you was receiving the "Nothing Found" error, the reason for this was that you actually haven't created any posts, so there was no error, it was displaying as it should do, if there are no posts your Posts Page (i.e. Blog) will have nothing to display hence the "Nothing Found". I can completely understand why you found this confussing, I was actually confussed myself for a short period. From now on, all you need to do is create a post using the Posts menu in Wordpress admin. I have created a test post for you to see as an example, you may do what you like with this, delete it or overwrite it. If you need any more assistance, give me a shout!

davidgoredgore
lol - omg - that was far too simple. I didn't even think about needing to create the "initial" post. I knew it would be something simple. I'm going to go to go to my original post and enter the "fix". That is one thing I noticed on most (all) of the posts in the forum. There is dialog and then thanks for fixing but the "fix" is not provided. Without the "fix" the forum isn't all that helpful. The might be something your support team should either do or at least ask the person with the question to do. I certainly don't mind as it will help others - no where does it state (at least that I can find and I just searched the site) that a starting "post" is needed - while it makes perfect sense that knowledge escaped me. Again, thank you for your help - it's been stellar ... send me a survey - I'd rate it all 10's :-) David