Sign in to follow this  
storm09

Typekit - Font code

storm09

Hello Just wondering if there are any font code guru's around? I don't seem to have written this correctly because it's not working as I would like. Here's my dev site http://trm.hickmanking.com/?page_id=12 - Typekit's working, but I'm having an issue trying to get the weights to activate correctly. Here's my nub code. Any help is greatly appreciated. h1 { font-family: proxima-nova, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700; } h3 { font-family: omnes-pro,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 500; } body { font-family: omnes-pro,sans-serif; }

Kate
When you say the code 'is not working as you would like', what would you like the font-weights to do?

storm09
Hi Kate I'm just trying to create a basic hierachy, using different font weights from the same font family, but I'm having trouble making it work correctly. My h1 font and body font are displaying correctly, but the h3 is defaulting. h3 { font-family: omnes-pro,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 500; } body { font-family: omnes-pro,sans-serif; } Have I written this correctly? Or is there a more efficient and better way to write this? Sorry, my HTML skills are very poor. I do use Firebug but I'm unable to see what the h3 font actually is.

kastelic
Can you give us a page link that has an h3 on it? If you are targeting the widget titles try this: [code] #sidebar_primary .widget-title { font-weight: 500 !important } [/code]

storm09
Hi kastelic This is the page link http://trm.hickmanking.com/ Since my previous post, I've changed the h3 tag I was reffering to h4, which seems to fit the available space better and I've also worked how to make the Typekit font weights work the way I orginally intended. Brilliant! Gotta love happy endings. Thanks for all your help Kate & kastelic. Much appreciated, as always :)