Sign in to follow this  
caldwellmccann

Twitterbar Issues

caldwellmccann

We've noticed the twitterbar's default rendering is a bit wonky in its current form. It's visible on the demo: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/ It looks like: (twitter icon) "Blah blah blah--- TwitterUserName It should look like: (twitter icon) "Blah blah blah." --- TwitterUserName _OR_ (twitter icon) Blah blah blah. --- TwitterUserName Notice the quote at the end of the feed and the spacing between the feed and the dash. Possible update for the next version? Thanks.

Jenny
Basically, you're saying it's missing the end quotation mark. Good catch! I'll flag this for developers.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

caldwellmccann
Thanks Jenny. It may be best to go sans quotation marks for simplicity's sake.

Simon
http://pastie.org/2592730 swap section.twitterbar.php

Jenny
Should he overwrite the data in section.twitterbar.php in PlatformPro (with the data in your pastie)? Trying to alleviate him needing to ask another question. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

caldwellmccann
Thanks for the replies. Overwrite the core files of the theme? That will just get overwritten when upgrading. This isn't a problem if one is cool with the default twitterbar styling. But if one wants specific changes outside of CSS, making it a custom section, as suggested by Jenny in another thread, is an upgrade-friendly method. After an upgrade, compare this custom section to the upgraded stock section for significant code modifications. From a designer's perspective - remove the quotes. To create the new section: copied section.twitterbar.php from the platformpro theme. Dropped it in the platformbase/sections directory and renamed it to section.customtwitterbar.php. Changed the "PageLinesTwitterBar" class to "CustomTwitterBar" as well as changing the $name to "Custom Twitter Bar". One can modify the $id section but will have to create new CSS based on that id; you can get away with using the same $id if its section is only displayed once per page. We modified the $id to "customtwitterbar" and copied the stock CSS and dropped it into the base style.css. Added "pagelines_register_section('CustomTwitterBar', 'customtwitterbar', null, array('child' => true) );" (minus the quotation marks) to functions.php in the platformbase theme. Fired up the admin >PageLines Settings > Template Setup > Morefoot Area and saw the new Custom Twitter Bar. This worked for our needs. Thanks for the support.