Sign in to follow this  
robbienorris

Main nav transparent background

robbienorris

I want the background right behind the main nav to be transparent (not white like it is now)

mstmarie1
Add this to your custom CSS: .sf-menu li { background-color: transparent; }

Rob
mstmarie1's solution may well work perfectly. If it doesn't, try this. [code].sf-menu li, #primary-nav ul.sf-menu a:focus, .sf-menu a:hover, .sf-menu a:active {background:transparent!important;}[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

robbienorris
Thanks! Also, on the drop down menu tabs (cities and editors) there is an arrow indicating that is a drop down. Can I remove this so that they are the same sized blocks as the other parts of the menu?

Rob
It can also be done with CSS, but, if I may point out, your visitors won't quite know what they're doing with your navigation. You can, of course, use CSS to set the specific width of each menu item. In your header, btw, you could actually adjust the amount of space taken by the branding, to widen the menu by at least 150px. Please don't take this as a criticism, but a styling tip as it's intended. Italic fonts on a diagonal stripped background are incredibly difficult to read. Just looking at your About page and couldn't read all the way through. That font is also very tightly spaced. Perhaps a different font or widening the space between characters would help. Just food for thought.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

robbienorris
Ok thanks for the tip...what would I need to put into my custom css to see it without arrows?

mstmarie1
a > span.sf-sub-indicator { display: none; }

mundocaco
rangelone thanks! :D