Sign in to follow this  
pastrami00

How to make the feature full width (like it is in ecopro)?

pastrami00

Using PageLines Pro, is it possible to create the look of EcoPro? I want the feature and highlight sections to go all the way across the screen. There are no settings that reduce the margin entirely. Thanks, JP

Rob
Sure it is. There are several ways to go about it. However, I'll suggest my own personal favorite. Create a background image with the wide stripe of at least 1440px by 1440px. Don't worry if your background (the full width green bit in EcoPro) is too high or too low on the screen. You can always adjust it later with your graphic editor. Just make the stripe higher and lower than the height of your slider. As you know, the slider is, by default 330px high, without navigation. Leaving it that size, your stripe would probably be best at 350px. You can, if you wish, add a line of a deeper color at top (to inset the strip) and at the bottom, you can create a grey blur, upwards to make the drop contrast (look closely at the EcoPro demo). EcoPro's color scheme, as you know, can be changed, so in your design, select any color you like. When creating the slides, make them all .PNG files with transparent backgrounds, so the slide will show the stripe and you will have continuity across the page. The rest of it should be pretty easy. Your footer background should match your color scheme with contrasting font colors.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pastrami00
Thanks for the great response, I'll give it a try.

Rob
Great. When you test it and see it works, please click the "Thanks". It helps us insure there's support here for everyone.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur