Sign in to follow this  
cvandyck

Offset for RSS Feed

cvandyck

I need an offset for my rSS feed. In other words. Currently, for example .. the Posts page shows last 2 posts of 5 total Posts, but RSS feed on the sidebar shows all 5 of them, including the 2 on the Posts page. I want only the older 3 of the 5 not on the Posts page to show on the sidebar RSS feed (ie.... want to offset the 5 on the side to exclude the 2 on the post, avoiding repeats). Per previous help, I Checked out http://wp.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/02/10-useful-rss-hacks-for-wordpress/ but it doesn't seem to help .. my url is www.savehonorscourses.org .... Suggestions on how to only show the Posts that have left the Posts page?

catrina
You can try hiding those 2 links using CSS. I went to your site, but I think the URL is incorrect. Can you please repost?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cvandyck
www.savehonorscourses.org there is an ongoing series of posts .. I am trying to simply not have what is posted on the Posts page to also be shown on the rss feed .. ie.. the rss feed should be like an archive of posts that have moved off the posts page ... on the page of the url you will see 5 posts and 7 in the rss feed .. my goal would be for only the oldest 2 to show in the rss feed ... and then as additional posts are added, the older posts will roll to the rss feed in the left sidebar

catrina
Ah, I see. Are you using Feedburner for your RSS? www.savehonorscourses.org <- This URL isn't working.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cvandyck
no .. what is feedburner .. what does it do? ouch .. i gave the wrong url .. sorry about that ... we changed it! Correct URL is: www.restorehonorscourses.org

catrina
Feedburner is an RSS tool used to manage RSS settings, calculate number of subscriptions, etc. You'd like to hide the first two posts on this page?: http://restorehonorscourses.org/feed/ Or the first two posts displayed in the feed widget on the left side?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cvandyck
basically, if it is currently on www.restorehonorscourses.org, i don't want it on the rss feed ... i use the rss feed for an archive list of older articles that people can go to. think of it this way .. i will publish a new post within the next day or so , and since the post page can only hold 5 posts the way i have it set up, the oldest will move off the page... i would like it to then appear on the rss feed i want the rss feed to be a list of older posts that are no longer visible on the Posts Page

catrina
CSS isn't an option since the selectors for the new posts on the RSS feed will be changing constantly. I found this plugin you might want to try: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-hide-post/

Designer | Catrina Dulay