Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

How do I remove padding from around branding image?

antonyw

Hi, I tried inspecting with firebug, thought i found the code, changed it but upon inspection padding remains the same. Please help www.transitionstrategy.co.uk

antonyw
#branding .content-pad { padding: 0px 0 0px 0px;} tried this first - didnt work! then stumbled across this /* Header padding ??? */ .fixed_width #branding .content-pad { padding: 0px 0px 0px; } and it did work - which is great but the question is how did i stumble on it - if someone can answer this in a simple sentence that would be great. I was using firebug and found the first bit, then i messed around with the buddy press 'link' in the firebug editor for a bit then carried on blindly scrambling around and came across it - is the buddypress style sheet playing games with my mind??????????? @import "../buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/css/adminbar.css";

Rob
Antony, you noticed, without realizing it, that Buddypress sometimes becomes invasive in a site, controlling all sorts of things. I am trying to set it up on my site, but finding it doing all sorts of strange things. One of them, more of a mystery than the Lost Ark of the Covenant. On the Forums page only, it adds a secondary sidebar that doesn't exist anywhere else. It's empty, but it's there. Can't find how to remove it either. So your answer is, YES - Buddypress' stylesheet does try to overrule the theme and will interrupt your stylesheets, except (thank goodness) the Custom CSS. I'm beginning to think Buddypress and bbPress were built by the Daleks. ;-)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonyw
and the latest upgrade threw in some beautiful visula effects in ochra..... fantastic.... fortunately i have found bb.css in the plugins editor so its sorted - but will this all reset at the next upgrade? Daleks?...... I agree..... too subtle for Cybermen.....