Sign in to follow this  
lunarstudio

Remove Author From Excerpts Main Page Magazine Layout

lunarstudio

Normally, I'd be able to remove "by <?php the_author(); ?>" from index.php and any other subsequent files. But with your system, I'm unable (I don't know how) to access this underlying code. I'd like to remove the "by...[name]" under the headings of each magazine layout excerpt. Thanks.

Simon
In the options [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sYpaJ.png[/IMG]

lunarstudio
That's for Blog Mode and Full Width posts only. Doesn't seem to work in Magazine Mode/Excerpts.

Jenny
Using custom CSS, it doesn't look like you can remove just the author in magazine mode because the word "by" shares the same CSS class as the word "on." You can remove the metabar completely using the following custom CSS: [code] .clip .metabar {display:none;} [/code] If you don't want the bar removed completely, I can't give you instructions exactly since I can't get it to work locally. I have tried pasting the function in functions.php but that breaks the site. Then i tried shortening the function and that just doesn't change anything. I also tried to copy the file to the platformbase folder (with the changes), but again, no changes were made. Someone else may be able to help but since many of us are not PHP pros, you may want to contact someone who is (http://www.pagelines.com/pros/). The file that needs changed is: [code]wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/library.templates.php[/code] The line within the function (pagelines_get_post_metabar) that needs removed is line #355 which is: [code]$metabar .= sprintf( '%s [post_author_posts_link] ', __('By','pagelines') );[/code] This may be able to be done using a filter but I am not familiar enough with filters to know. And as always, you should never edit the core files as they will be over-written by any theme updates. Hopefully you have found this helpful as I did try several ways to do what you're asking and provided an alternative solution using CSS.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

lunarstudio
Thanks Jenny. I hope maybe in the future, the theme will allow us some control over this. I really hate editing the actual theme because of what you had mentioned - future updates...