Sign in to follow this  
cloudbearing

Typekit Not Working Properly

cloudbearing

I've installed Typekit on our site (www.cloudbearing.com) and its not working. I've added the following script (per Typekit's instructions) to the "Typekit Font Replacement" in Typography Options. I then added the following custom CSS codes: body { font-family: myriad-pro; } h1 { font-family: myriad-pro; } h2 { font-family: myriad-pro; } h3 { font-family: myriad-pro; } ul.main-nav li a{ font-family: myriad-pro; } I've added the following selectors to my Kit in Typekit: .font-primary .tk-myriad-pro body h1 h2 h3 h4 I'd like to use Myriad-Pro as the default font for the entire site and I can't seem to get it to work for anything. Your help would be most appreciated.

Rob
PlatformPro already has Cufon font replacement built in. Did you see it in the PlatformPro settings under Typography? There may be a conflict between the two. Adding Myriad-Pro should not be a problem.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cloudbearing
We paid for Typekit , we want to use Typekit. There is nothing in the cufon fields under Typography. Can someone please help?

cloudbearing
Do our selectors look right? Is the CSS code right? What else could we need?

catrina
I don't believe the selector .font-primary exists in the CSS. Is this the selector you're using to change the overall font family on your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cloudbearing
We deleted that selector from Typekit, it still doesn't work. No text on the site is working...

cloudbearing
I wasn't using a plugin for Typekit, just the built in support from Platform Pro. I'll try disabling the plugins.

cloudbearing
That had no effect, it still doesnt work. I've also tried using the Typekit plugin for Wordpress, that also doesnt work. When I use Firebug, the CSS shows Myriad-Pro and all other fonts with a strike through them. Does that mean anything?

catrina
Try adding this selector to TypeKit to see if Myriad Pro shows up for a box title: div.fboxtitle h2

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cloudbearing
That worked, however just for the Box titles. I'd like to use it for the entire site, is their any easy way to do this?

catrina
The selector has to be more specific than just "body" or "h2" or "h3". Try adding this selector to change the entire site: body.home-page

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cloudbearing
Didn't work either, I also tried adding: .font-primary .site-title h1.pagetitle None of those worked either...

catrina
h1.pagetitle should be changed to: div.entry_content h1 Are you using Firebug to determine the selectors?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cloudbearing
Yes, and it doesnt work. Anyway to replace the font sitewide with Myriad Pro?

cloudbearing
Its working now! Not sure what did it, maybe just the time needed from Typekit to propagate... Any thoughts on what did the trick? Thanks!

Rob
Probably will remain a mystery like the lost ark and Amelia Earheart.

cloudbearing
Well I guess Typekit integration in Platform Pro and life's great mysteries have something in common, they can't be explained.

jcritty
Did you ever figure out how to change the body text?? I've been going crazy trying to figure this out. Yes, I've used firebug, but I can't seem to locate the selector for the font in a blog post.

Rob
@jcritty - are you looking to replace the body text with something not on the Typography list or, just to replace it with one that is there?

jcritty
No, I'd like to replace it with something not in the list.