Sign in to follow this  
chisim11

Home Page Questions

chisim11

Some questions: Refer to site http://tinyurl.com/3slhflz Is it possible to remove what appears to be a border/shadow on the feature footer? looks like an inverted L Cannot find/figure out why there is a horizontal line underneath the feature slider? Debating whether to leave the feature slider or having a carousel which I added(underneath feature footer -you can hardly see it). Will this carousel be visible upon entering the pics? And, will these pics have to added manually via flickr or will the carousel get them from the feature slider? thanks

Jenny
Those are your feature navigation thumbnails. You can easily remove them in PlatformPro -> Feature Settings by selecting "no navigation". They should remove completely.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

chisim11
i dont want to remove them

chisim11
I guess that's how they would look because of the black background. Do you have any input about the other 2 questions?

Jenny
I guess I don't understand. I don't see any thumbnails there so I assumed you hadn't uploaded any and didn't want them. To hide the lines using css, upload the following to your Custom Code -> Custom CSS box: [code] #featurenav a { border: 0 none; } [/code] If that doesn't work, try: [code] #featurenav a, #feature-footer span.playpause { border: 0 none; } [/code] If you want to hide the grey on the active slide, then use this as well: [code] #featurenav a.activeSlide { border: 0 none; background-color: transparent; } [/code]

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

chisim11
Jenny, How do I remove the horizontal line that appears like in the middle of the page? Also, I added some boxes but they appear to be to close to the features. I would like them to be lower on the page, somewhere in the morefoot. I added these boxes by goin to > Template Setup > Site Header and dragging "Pageline Boxes" to be available. Is that why they are too close(high) to the features?

Jenny
The line is there because it is the line break between each post. Do you have a post published that has no content? I'm not really sure what the circumstances, but you can remove the line using this for your custom CSS: [code]#post-20 { border-bottom: 0; }[/code] OR [code]#post-20.fpost { border-bottom: 0; }[/code] (Not sure which one will work.) Your boxes don't look close to the features at all so you must have fixed this.

chisim11
Jenny, thanks but unfortunately, the codes did not work. Here is what I have on the custom code(in the event the issue is there). Also I notice when the video plays, there are some gray tiny shadows on each side? body div.branding_wrap {text-align: center;} ul#sub-menu li.menu-item {text-transform: lowercase;} #nav_row.main_nav, ul.sf-menu ul li {border-bottom: 0;} #featurenav {background-color: #000000;} #feature-footer {background-color: #000000; border: 0;} #feature-footer .feature-footer-pad {border:0; padding:0; margin-left: 14px;} #primary-nav{width:974px; margin: 0 auto;} #feature-footer{margin-left:115px;margin-top:5px;}

chisim11
I went ahead and activated the boxes, perhaps you can tell wheather they have anything to do w/the horizontal line. Appreciate your time.

Jenny
I actually think your main issue is that you have the feature and boxes displayed in the header, rather than in the content section. Maybe you could try moving those to the content section first and see if that helps. Then you might be okay with where the horizontal line is (since the line is there to separate the content from the footer). Well this will remove the line for sure, but it may also remove horizontal lines elsewhere. It looks like it is related to that page specifically but I can't narrow it down. If you're okay with potential future horizontal lines being removed, then good! :) Here is the code to add to your custom CSS: [code] #morefoot .widget-title { border-bottom: 0; } [/code] If that doesn't work, try: [code] hr, .fpost, .clip_box, #morefoot .widget-title { border-bottom: 0; } [/code] Please let me know if this works. I have removed some items from the code that I don't think will have anything to do with it.

chisim11
Jenny, I moved the "PageLines feature" and "Pagelines boxes" out of the header and put them in "Default Page" as you have indicated. These were not available sections on anything that read content that's why I put them in default page. Not sure if it is right or wrong. I then moved the "content area" tab out of the available to the disabled area. Now the website(i think) looks clean and I can add whatever I want behind the scenes.s. Also, the horizontal line(which now I know is there to separate the content from footer(as you mentioned it) is gone. I appreciate all your hard work. There is hope now. :)

chisim11
And thank you for consistently following up, it makes a HUGE difference!!