Sign in to follow this  
jkskovgaard

No Search Results?

jkskovgaard

Hi! I'm new to PlatformPro - I've set up this website and can't get the search-function to work at all. Nothing is found and seems there's no "no results" page either. I must be doing something wrong here? Do I need to active it somewhere? Heres the URL: http://platform.pressmoo.com/ Speaking of Search Results - It's kinda hard to get qualified results from the forum, I get a lot of irrelevant results from my queries...

Rob
Hi, did you do any customization? I do not get a "No Results" page, but one with the slider and a contact form. If so, please let us know what that customization was. Meanwhile, I've upgraded this to a developer.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jkskovgaard
I've made a very limited amount of css customizations. I tried removing all of them and still no search results. Don't know why we get the slider and the contact form. I've also tried deactivating ContactForm7 - the only plugin I'm using here. No luck. ?? :s

Rob
Did you create a page called search? I am asking that because it's somewhat unusual to find a slider on a no results page, or a form on any results page, even if it delivered a result.

Kate
In Settings->Template Setup, what does the "404 Page" settings look like? (If you can give a screenshot, that would be great.)

jkskovgaard
Like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/230743/Screen%20shot%202011-09-27%20at%202.59.50%20PM.png

Rob
I believe that somehow you have created a search results page using a different template. Given the screenshot above, you are supposed to see some results and NO header or short tag for a form that you removed earlier. When I do a search I'm getting an actual page. First, I'd suggest you totally delete the Contact Plugin. Look through EACH page to find anything with that contact form shortcode and nothing else. Delete the page. Try searching. Also, deactivate every plugin.

jkskovgaard
I've deleted EVERY plug in and deleted the box that had the contact shortcode. Can't really delete anything else. I can try starting over? Still no search results!

jkskovgaard
I got it working on a fresh install. Still haven't figured out what went wrong, though. But it's my fault... I'm sure I'll figure it out one of these days! Thanks!

Rob
What counts is... it works.