Sign in to follow this  
kenn

Home page or Blog page

kenn

Hi, My articles show up on a page that I don't seem to manage. Clicking on the header takes me to this page and not my home page. How do I determine the home page? and how do I set up and manage a blog page? I have demo content installed and my site is: http://www.dnaofsuccess.net Thank you

Sourena
Create a page for "Home" and another one for "Blog". Then go to: Settings > Reading Choose front page displays to be static pages. Then choose these pages as your Home and Blog.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

ilonka65
Hello I'm having issues with posts & pages. My posts don't have the option to write a url although I have ticked 'Custom Structure' in Settings>Permalinks and added "category" to "Category Base" (pages allow me to write custom urls), so they have the home url as their url: http://www.angelpresses.com I want my home page to have one sticky post, which I created, but both the new posts I created go there, even though I made categories & menus in Appearance>Menus for them to live in (because they have the same url which goes to home page). So then after reading some forum entries, I made a feature page & a blog page and updated Settings > Reading, and now the page is blank. I have added the post I want showing to a new category I made called "Blog" and I added the blog category to the Menu in Settings>Menus: home It seems there's some rules in place that are overriding these settings?

ilonka65
Until I get problem sorted, I have changed posts page in Reading Settings to the blog post I want to display and have deleted the 2nd blog post I created earlier. The reason I want to display a sticky post on home page is cos I like the featured image format.

ilonka65
more issues..... now that I've updated the post to show on the home page, when I click on products in Nav Bar or within post link, you no longer get the products page...even though URL is for products page: http://angelpresses.com/products-2/ you are looking at the home page. And ofcourse, you can't click on the post to see the whole thing cos its redirecting to home page...like everything else is it seems. This is so wierrd, i have been using WP for years and have never struck this issue before, I'm sure it will be sorted so...ooooh the woes!

ilonka65
ok, don't worry...I've figured it out!