Sign in to follow this  
Lisa Haran

Styling slideshow feature names

Lisa Haran

Hi there, I want to style the slideshow feature names so that I place the one background behind all of them Landing page here http://www.d1168095.cp.blacknight.com/ Feature name - background shape here - http://www.d1168095.cp.blacknight.com/images/slideshow_slide_button.png I have added the following style but it doesn't seem to show the entire background shapes and looks like it's cut off. Cannot see where I should to what other CSS element I should apply the style below #featurenav a, #featurenav a:link, #featurenav a.activeSlide { background: url("/images/slideshow_slide_button.png") no-repeat scroll left top transparent; border-color: transparent; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; height: 37px; text-transform: capitalize; width: 209px; }

Rob
Your basic problem is that setting the background violates the way the feature slider works. It is not an image link that transitions, but the backgrounds. Having a single, standard background will simply mean that the background image remains static and the labels transition. Your button image would have to be the width of the slider to be the background. The slider will not stretch, nor tile a background. It's not setup that way. Look at one or more of the sliders and you can see the construction of the sliders and understand what they're doing. We do not use the "image" field for anything actually.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Lisa Haran
But how can this be, as you already have styles on the features names, a default grey background with stroke. If I were to have one background the same width as the slider, this could work also, so what CSS element should I apply this style to? Thanks

Lisa Haran
just figured it out. Thanks Rangelone